Guest Post: This week I have an amazing guest post from mrsplanahead. She writes inspirational content about budgeting, being a mom to 2 little ones, and creative DIY projects. Make sure to check out more of her wonderful posts here.
As a full time mommy & wife I constantly put others’ needs before my own. With my first born Eva, I ALWAYS put myself 3rd, 4th, 5th. After Ella was born, undergoing a tough preemie labor and scare, I decided THAT day enough was enough. Every single day, I would try and never stop trying to give myself some “me” time. Keep in mind, raising two small children as a stay at home mom is a full time job that you don’t get sick days from or paid vacation time haha which is totally fine for me. But below I have listed some self care tips and ideas for those busy, slightly overwhelmed mothers of multiple babies to read over and hopefully apply to your life.
1. Morning coffee– yes. The kiddos wake up EARLY. So, wake up a little extra early on the morning after you actually get sleep, out of bed you go. Prepare yourself a mug of your favorite coffee, make a yummy breakfast, breathe in the coffee smell, say your positive affirmations, and thank God for another beautiful day and be on your merry way!
2. Face Mask– Whenever I am grocery shopping at my favorite local Kroger grocery store, Ralphs I grab a face mask which are typically about $3 with tax. After putting the kids to bed for the night, apply the face mask which helps me relax for a good 15 minutes, which is a lot in mommyland.
4. Take a warm hot shower and jam out to Pandora- I personally love Pandora because it’s free, and saving money is my thing. At times I forget to even listen to music because I’m usually listening to Disney or kid music haha.
5. Journal- I daily journal in my B6 staology and I love it. Some days I forget to journal or I’m too tired but for the most part I get to dump my thoughts and opinions there and unwind. Perfect for distressing.
6. Workout- Does your little have the sniffles, is fighting nap time, or you just don’t feel like walking or running, or pushing the stroller outside? I highly recommend in home workouts on YouTube for free. I like to do them whenever my youngest naps in the morning. Now, she is outgrowing naps or shortening them so I workout outside when I get a chance. When she did nap I consistently gave 30 minutes to repeat my favorite workout from popsugarfitness on YouTube the 15 minute no cardio workout. This workout has no running required which is my favorite part. I hope these self care ideas work for you.