This year we had the pleasure of attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
This is an extra ticketed even that takes place at Magic Kingdom from August 17th-October 31st. The tickets vary in price depending on the day that you choose to go. We were able to get a discount on our tickets because we are annual passholders at Disney World.
You can get into the park at 4pm with your party ticket, but the festivities don’t begin until 7pm. So what does MNSSHP offer?
You can take your little ones trick-or-treating at various locations throughout the park. They have glowing balloons to mark each candy location. Although we didn’t participate, you don’t have to be a kid to take advantage of getting massive amounts of candy. They provide small bags at the front of the park, but you can bring your own bags to get as much as you want. There is NO limit, so if you love candy make sure you come prepared!
There are numerous characters who make special appearances just for the party. Villains are on almost every corner! Some of the characters are very high in demand, I’m looking at you Sally and Jack, so make sure you get in line early.
They certainly go all out during this time of year. One of my favorite things about the party was looking at all of the details they put up. It quickly puts you in the holiday spirit!
This is one of the things that I was most excited for. Disney brings out fun snacks that are only available during the party. We had a chance to try a good amount of them. Our favorite? The Hades Nachos!
During the party, they offer a unique fireworks show. It was cool to see something new, but I would be lying if I didn’t say I was underwhelmed. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I think I was hoping there would be projections on the castle. It was mostly just fireworks set to classic villain songs. It was still fun but not quite what I expected.
“Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade
This was the highlight of the party! All I can say is WOW! All of our favorite villains come out to play in this incredible production. I can confidently say that I believe this is the best parade Disney has to offer. The villains and dancers interact with you as they make their way down Main street, U.S.A.
- Make sure you get to the parade and fireworks show early(preferably half an hour).
- Check out Pirates of the Carribean and Space Mountain! These rides offer special surprises during the party.
- Don’t stress about riding all of the rides. Pick which ones are important to you and make them a priority
- Go in with a plan of what foods you want to try
- Take advantage of all of the little things the party has to offer. We found a hilarious light in Gaston’s Tavern. As we were walking out the door, I almost had a heart attack. Gotta love the little spooky touches!
- Dress up! You don’t have to wear a costume, but it certainly makes things more fun.
We had a blast partying the night away. We can’t wait to try it again next year!
Have you gone to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? What are your thoughts on this special event?