Today I wanted to highlight something my soul is really needing to practice today: Gratitude. Lately a lot of little things have been coming up that have made it easy to become overwhelmed. When I begin to feel this way I know it is time to count my blessings. Though things may never be perfect in anyone’s life, we always have an opportunity to choose thankfulness. So today I encourage you to name a few things that you are grateful for. I always find that I am able to gain a clearer perspective on my life when I do this this.
Here is what I am grateful for today:
- I am grateful that I get to visit my family in Texas next week! My family’s home burned down a few weeks ago and this will be my first seeing everyone since the fire. Their strength and resilience has blown me away. I also signed up to volunteer in my Mom’s kindergarten class, so I can’t wait to spend extra time with my sweet Mamma!
- I am grateful for the friendships that I have back home. It can be hard living so far from my childhood friends, but I am thankful for Facebook, phone calls and texting. We are able to connect with each other as much as we want and I know they are always there for me when I need them.
- I am grateful for the new friends I have made here in Atlanta! Working as a background actor, I have had the chance to meet incredible people that I wouldn’t have gotten to know otherwise. What more could I want than friends to go to sushi with?
- I am grateful for my apartment. My husband and I moved to Atlanta without viewing places beforehand. We took a leap of faith and it paid off big time! My home has been a peaceful and relaxing hideaway from all of the craziness this year. I have gotten the opportunity to decorate it the way that I like, and I am truly blessed to love where I live.
- I am thankful for my husband. My husband is the most thoughtful man and is constantly going out of his way to make sure I have everything I need. He is kind, compassionate, and takes care of me when I am sick. He is also a Disney nerd, so I lucked out big time!
- I am grateful that we get to go to Disney tomorrow. We have been looking forward to this trip all year long. Food and Wine Festival is back, and we are determined to eat one thing from every booth(sharing of course). Also, we are going to go to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party for the first time. Can you guess who we are going as?
- I am thankful for my sweet in-laws, who are obsessed with QVC. They just sent us 3 huge coolers full of meat, fish, and sides from Omaha Steaks. They tried it once and now they have converted to full blown super fans. We are gonna save so much money on groceries and that is a huge blessing.
- So what am I most thankful for this week? My Mother-in-law doesn’t have cancer! Thank you to everyone who prayed a couple weeks ago for her. Last year she battled cervical cancer and they thought that the cancer might be back. I got the call yesterday from my husband that her tests came back with no trace of cancer. I burst into tears out of relief. My Mom is the most loving woman and I am so happy that she doesn’t have to battle this cancer again. God is good!
It can be easy to get hung up on the small things in our lives that are going “wrong”. Let’s make a choice today to focus on what is going right. What are grateful for?